Monday, November 16, 2009

My Name is Bond, James Bond

Well we have made it to Cambodia, the land of Temples, Dust and the phrase you hear relentlessly "one dollar". Yesterday we dragged our weary heads out of bed at 4.30am afer a short flight and long wait at the airport the evening before. But it was worth it. Angkor Wat is beautiful, the reflection of the temples in the lake as the sun rises is majestic. But there was a bit of cloudy cover so we didn't get to see that much of the sun, but for what little sunrise there was is made up by temple. Angkor Wat is Huge and there are 3000 other temples here in Cambodia. All are a little different, in size and tribute, but all have a sense of serenity and peace. After the constant buzz of Ho Chi Ming City, Angkor is almost asleep.

We were driven around about 10 different temples by no other than Mr Noy, our Tuk Tuk driver. We had named him Dr No and funnily enough when we arrived inside Angkor we were asked whether we wanted some coffee or breakfast by none other than Bond, James Bond. They definitely give themselves some interesting names. And they are entrepenuers to the max. A little girl about all of 7, was tryng to get me to buy some bracelets for, you guessed it, One dollar. She asked that if she could tell me the population, capital and the last two prime ministers of Australia, would I buy. I said that I already knew all of that and quick as a whip she replied, well if you don't know the capital of Madagscar and I do, you buy my bracelets. They are good, I'll tell you that

As much as I have sooooo much more to tell you, we are off to see more temples this morning and I have to find a way to get in contact with Dad back at home. My mobile, which apparently has international roaming does not roam here and the sim mum bought here doesn't appear to be getting through to dad.

Until next time, From Cambodia with love xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I really hope you bought the girls bracelets Tahnee.. Incredible, I couldn't of told you who MY prime minister was at 7??!

    ReplyDelete